Sean M. Hamann
800-896-9860 (Toll Free)
Sean M. Hamann is an associate with Lake Toback, having joined the firm in 2013. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Hamann was engaged in private practice, focusing primarily on corporate contractual valuation and enforcement, pre and post decree family law matters, and appellate matters.
Mr. Hamann has drafted appellate briefs in a number of complex family law cases before the First District, Second District, and Third District of Illinois, as well as the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals. Additionally, Mr. Hamann has litigated a variety of complex cases, ranging from director and officer liability to matters of child custody and support. Mr. Hamann has previously been named a Hull Partners Fellow.
Mr. Hamann graduated with dual Bachelor of Science degrees in Marketing and Management from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, Bloomington.
Mr. Hamann graduated cum laude from John Marshall Law School, earning dual advanced certifications in Alternative Dispute Resolution and Trial Advocacy. While in law school, Mr. Hamann earned a number of merit awards, including the CALI excellence for the future award in the field of Corporation Law; served as an extern to the Honorable Ronald F. Bartkowicz; successfully litigated a class X felony trial as a Rule 711 licensed law clerk in the Cook County Public Defender's Office: Felony Trial Division; and finished as a National Semi-Finalist in the Andrews-Kurth Moot Court National Championships, scoring the highest National score for a Respondent brief.
Mr. Hamann is licensed to practice law in the state of Illinois and United States District Court, Northern Division of Illinois, and licensed as a Federal Negotiator through the Settlement Assistance Program. He was admitted pro hac vice in the state of New York in 2013. Mr. Hamann is also a member of the Chicago Bar Association.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Contractual Valuation and Enforcement
- Pre and Post Decree Family Law Matters
- Appellate Matters
- Child Custody and Support
Certified Legal Specialties
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award in the Field Of Corporation Law
- Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, Bloomington
- Major: Marketing and Management
Honors and Awards
- Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service for his work in Salazar-Garcia V. Galvan-Pinelo
- National Semi-Finalist in the Andrews-Kurth Moot Court National Championships
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, Member