Resolving Your Custody Matters
Nothing is more important to parents than their children. If you are involved in a divorce or another family law matter that will impact your custody or visitation rights, it is critical that you have highly qualified legal counsel. You can find the skilled and experienced representation you require at Lake • Toback • DiDomenico. Our attorneys represent clients in a wide range of family law matters that impact the custody and visitation rights of parents, including:
- Divorce – Regardless of whether your divorce is contested or uncontested, it is important to understand how child custody arrangements will affect you in divorce.
- Paternity – If you are not married, you will need to establish legal paternity before you can be granted custody of a child.
- Child custody modifications – Life goes on after divorce. Make sure your custody/visitation arrangement stays up to date with your changing life. You can also modify a child custody arrangement if a child is in danger.
- International child custody – We can help you if your child has been moved out of the country without your permission. We are prepared to protect your rights using the full force of international law.
- Parental relocation disputes – If you are a custodial parent seeking to relocate or a noncustodial parent opposing a move, we can advise you of your rights and obligations.
- Civil union and same-sex divorce – Whether you are married or have been joined in a civil union, our attorneys will guide you through your same-sex divorce.
- Unique visitation issues – We can provide guidance for unique visitation issues, including chemical dependency concerns, false allegations of sexual abuse, domestic violence and other issues that may create a child custody dispute.
To speak with an experienced family law attorney at Lake • Toback • DiDomenico, contact our law offices in Chicago, Illinois. We are committed to providing quality legal representation and superior service to each of our valued clients.
Creating A Parenting Plan
Parenting plans are critical to establishing a routine and creating stability for children after divorce. A parenting plan breaks down in detail when the child will be with each parent, how holidays will be handled and the protocol for transfers. Our attorneys are adept at crafting parenting plans that work, even for parents whose schedules are complicated.
Protecting Your Rights And Your Children
Our attorneys understand that custody and visitation disputes can be very hard on children. Rather than unnecessarily inflaming matters that are potentially contentious, we try to resolve custody and visitation disputes as efficiently and amicably as possible, while fully safeguarding our clients’ rights.
We are also mindful that parents often have different views about what is best for the welfare of their children. When it is necessary to fight for our clients in the courtroom, we offer trial attorneys who are highly skilled and experienced.
Get Help From A Team Of Premier Family Law Attorneys
Partner attorneys Steven R. Lake, Michael DiDomenico and Sean Hamann bring to each case decades of combined experience in matrimonial law. Each of our attorneys is skilled and deeply committed to protecting your rights. As a client of our firm, you will have a strong advocate on your side.
Contact Our Custody Lawyers For Assistance
Lake • Toback • DiDomenico is located in the heart of Chicago’s Loop. Our office is five blocks west of Lake Shore Drive and ten blocks east of I-90/94, at the southeast corner of Washington and Dearborn streets. To contact our attorneys at Lake • Toback • DiDomenico, call 312-288-8985 or contact us by email.