Lake Toback DiDomenico Divorce And Family Law
We Recommend You Contact Us Before Your Spouse Does
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Post – Divorce Issues
  4.  » Enforcement

We Can Help You Enforce Court Orders

Once the court issues the final divorce decree in your case, both parties are bound to follow it. While either party can petition the court for a modification if circumstances change, neither side can ignore the order without significant consequences.

If you are involved in dispute with your spouse over child support, visitation, spousal maintenance, marital property division or any other issue in your divorce decree, contact Lake Toback DiDomenico. We are prepared to expertly manage any issue that may arise following your divorce.

Contempt And Enforcement Proceedings In Illinois

Common enforcement issues that arise following divorce include:

  • Failure to pay child support
  • Failure to provide visitation
  • Failure to timely return a child to a custodial parent after visitation
  • Failure to pay maintenance
  • Failure to distribute marital property

If your spouse has not followed through on any portion of your divorce decree, our attorneys can file a contempt of court motion. The court may then issue a written order that your ex must follow. If your ex does not follow through with the written order, the judge may order jail time or a fine until your ex complies.

Contact Our Lawyers About Enforcement

Lake Toback DiDomenico is located in the heart of Chicago’s Loop. Our office is five blocks west of Lake Shore Drive and 10 blocks east of I-90/94, at the southeast corner of Washington and Dearborn streets. To contact our attorneys, call 312-288-8985 or contact us by email.