- Co-Founding Partner
Alan J. Toback, a co-founding partner of Lake Toback DiDomenico, passed away on March 22, 2021, at the age of 63.
After his admission to the Illinois bar in 1982, Alan practiced matrimonial and family law in Chicago for thirty-nine years. He was an award-winning attorney, with the highest possible recognition within the legal profession and a decades-long record of effective service to our clients.
He will be profoundly missed.
- Moderator: Guardians ad litem and Child Reps: Can’t Live with Them; Can’t Live Without Them…. Or Can We?- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Columbus Day Seminar 2019
- Moderator: Lawyer Assisted Mediation – It Does Work….Just Not Always- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Columbus Day Seminar 2018
- Panelist: Trial of a Divorce Case – Young Lawyers Section of the Chicago Bar Association (1998)
- Judge/Evaluator, The National Criminal Justice Trial Advocacy Competition, American Bar Association Criminal Justice Division and The John Marshall Law School, (1998)
- Moderator: Attorney/Judge, Business Valuation Panel Discussion; Achieving the Goal: Litigation Issues – Business Valuations – Clifton Gunderson L.L.C., Northbrook, Ill. (1998)
- Effective Solutions: Litigation Issues (1997)
- Valuation Case Law Update, Berger Goldstein & Co., Northbrook, Illinois (1997)
- Illinois, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1982
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor – 1982
- Honors: With Distinction
- State University of New York at Albany, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Psychology
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- Illinois State Bar Association, Family Law Section Council (Past Chair)
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Illinois Chapter President, 1998, 2000)
- Chicago Bar Association, Matrimonial Law Committee
- Illinois Family Support Enforcement Association, 2001 – 2002 (Director-at-Large)
- American Bar Association, Member