Sean M. Hamann
Sean M. Hamann is a Partner with Lake Toback DiDomenico, having joined the firm in 2013. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Hamann was engaged in private practice, focusing primarily on corporate contractual valuation and enforcement, pre and post decree family law matters, and appellate matters.
Mr. Hamann has drafted appellate briefs in a number of complex family law cases before the First District, Second District, and Third District of Illinois, as well as the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals. Additionally, Mr. Hamann has litigated a variety of complex cases, ranging from director and officer liability to matters of child custody and support. Mr. Hamann has previously been named a Hull Partners Fellow.
Mr. Hamann graduated with dual Bachelor of Science degrees in Marketing and Management from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, Bloomington.
Mr. Hamann graduated cum laude from John Marshall Law School, earning dual advanced certifications in Alternative Dispute Resolution and Trial Advocacy. While in law school, Mr. Hamann earned a number of merit awards, including the CALI excellence for the future award in the field of Corporation Law; served as an extern to the Honorable Ronald F. Bartkowicz; successfully litigated a class X felony trial as a Rule 711 licensed law clerk in the Cook County Public Defender's Office: Felony Trial Division; and finished as a National Semi-Finalist in the Andrews-Kurth Moot Court National Championships, scoring the highest National score for a Respondent brief.
Mr. Hamann is licensed to practice law in the state of Illinois and United States District Court, Northern Division of Illinois, and licensed as a Federal Negotiator through the Settlement Assistance Program. He was admitted pro hac vice in the state of New York in 2013. Mr. Hamann is also a member of the Chicago Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Contractual Valuation and Enforcement
- Pre and Post Decree Family Law Matters
- Appellate Matters
- Child Custody and Support
- Complex Asset Valuation and Division
- Prenuptial Agreements
- High Net Worth Divorces
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award in the Field Of Corporation Law
- Honors: Alternative Dispute Resolution Certification
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Certification
- Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, Bloomington
- Major: Marketing and Management
Honors and awards
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys – 10 Best Attorneys: Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service 2016 - present
- Judges of the United States District Court: Northern District of Illinois – award for excellence in pro bono service 2016
- Attorney and Practice Magazine: Top 10 Family Law Attorney – State of Illinois 2018
- Leading Lawyers: Emerging Lawyers – Family Appellate Law
- Leading Lawyers: Emerging Lawyers – Family Law
- Super Lawyers: Rising Stars
- Best of the Best: Top 10
Professional associations and memberships
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, Member, 2016 to Present
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Settlement Assistance Program
- Chicago Bar Association, Member